Personal vs. Professional Liability Coverage

Here is an excerpt from a new blog post at

There are different types of liability insurance that can be taken out, depending on the circumstances. If you are a homeowner, most personal liability is covered under your homeowner’s insurance. If you are a business owner, you will need some form of professional liabilty coverage. In this post, Gregg S. Marcus, a Long Island Insurance Executive explains the difference between Personal Liability Insurance and Professional Liability Insurance.

Personal Liability Insurance
Personal liability insurance is sometimes referred to as “umbrella coverage” because it adds an extra layer of protection on top of your automobile and homeowner policies. Without this coverage, any liability beyond the limits of your homeowner or auto policies comes out of your pocket. This insurance can protect you financially if someone is injured on your property or if you or a member of your household accidentally hurts somebody or damages another person’s property. A person’s need for personal liability insurance depends on a number of varying factors, such as if your family has a backyard swimming pool, teenage drivers or a potentially harmful dog.

To read this post in it’s entirety, click here to visit the Gregg Marcus official website.


Leave a Reply

Please log in using one of these methods to post your comment: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s